About The Milli
- The Milli Youth Choir, based in Milnthorpe in beautiful Cumbria, consists of a Junior and Senior Choir which rehearse separately but combine for performances.
- Conceived in 2000 (hence the name) the Milli Youth Choir has entertained audiences in and around Kendal and also provides musical support to other choirs and groups for their own concerts. Recently the Milli have been very successful in local music festivals and have taken part in singing workshops, most notably with eminent composer Will Todd.
- The Milli is fully inclusive and there are no auditions; the only requirements are a commitment to the team ethos and a joy of singing.
- Each choir receives tuition in vocal technique from one of the country's leading choir trainers and singing specialists in the pursuit of excellence on stage. This then gives each child a confidence which they can apply to all aspects of their life
- The Milli is a fun and friendly environment where everybody shares a common goal. We play hard and work hard to produce excellent concerts for ourselves and as part of other groups' concerts and we also work towards the ABRSM Choral Singing examinations.
- Fees are £35 per term and £30 for additional siblings.
Rehearsals will recommence on Tuesday 14th September 2021 in Milnthorpe's M Hub.
4.30 - 6.00 Junior Milli (Year 3 to Year 6)
5.00 - 6.30 Senior Milli (Year 7 to Year 13)
Tracie Penwarden is one of the country's leading professional singers and choir trainers. She has over 25 years experience as a professional performer and teacher whose work has taken her all over the world. For those 25 years she has taught beginners and professionals alike and after settling down with her family in Cumbria she opened her Singing Studios in Milnthorpe in 2005.
Tracie has always felt most at home when sharing her expertise with children and especially enjoys seeing the progress from shy beginner to concert performer; something which Milli is able to offer every young singer. Whether it's televisual stardom you want or simply enjoy being part of a like-minded group, Tracie and the Milli Youth Choir can give you the confidence and social skills to help you succeed in any walk of life.